In the past two days (11/11/2022 – 12/11/2022), the GIS Application Nationwide Conference 2022 was hosted at the VNUHCM-University of Sciences with the topic ‘GIS and remote sensing applied in management of natural resources and environment’, marking a successful milestone following the 2009-2021 period.
The main objective of the Conference is to create a forum for scientists, managers, and stakeholders to exchange and share research results and applications of GIS and remote sensing technology in some fields relating to natural resources and environmental management, monitoring, and reducing damages caused by natural disasters to propose researches and development directions for GIS and remote sensing technology in the coming time. In addition, the Conference also aims to create connections and expand training and research cooperation with domestic and foreign partners.
This year’s Conference attracted nearly 120 papers from domestic and foreign scientists with the following topics:
- Application of GIS and remote sensing in state management;
- Management of environmental resources and sustainable development goals;
- Risk management and disaster mitigation, disease control;
- Geospatial data management;
- Smart city, digital city, smart building;
- Artificial intelligence, big data, data analytics;
- Digital image processing (satellite, uncrewed aerial vehicle, aviation);
- LiDAR and GIS integration;
- Global positioning satellite system.
Some pictures at the Conference: