On the afternoon of December 27th, 2022, the Delegation of the VNUHCM-University of Science visited and worked with the People’s Committee of Đồng Tháp Province and signed a cooperation agreement for the period of 2023-2025 in five fields areas: (1) Digital Transformation, (2) Agriculture – Industry, (3) Environment, (4) Education, and (5) Health. Leading the delegation were Assoc. Prof. Dr Trần Lê Quan – Rector of the University and representatives of leaders of affiliated units.
The People’s Committee of Đồng Tháp Province gave the delegation a very solemn reception with the participation of Mr Phạm Thiện Nghĩa – Chairman of the Provincial People’s Committee, Mr Huỳnh Minh Tuấn – Vice Chairman of the Provincial People’s Committee, with Directors and representatives of the Departments of Science and Technology, Department of Health, Department of Natural Resources and Environment, Department of Education and Training, Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Department of Information & Communication, and Department of Industry and Trade. The program also had the participation of leaders of Đồng Tháp University and Tràm Chim National Park.
On behalf of the University of Science, Assoc.Prof.Dr Trần Lê Quan – Rector of the University, expressed his honour when the University accompanied Đồng Tháp Province in developing many essential fields in the effort of local construction and development. “The cooperation with Đồng Tháp Province will also promote more research and transfer activities of science and technology of the VNUHCM-University of Science contributing to the implementation of the University’s development strategies and spreading the value of serving the community that the University has been and continues to pursue”, Assoc.Prof.Dr Trần Lê Quan emphasized.
Before the signing of this cooperation agreement, the University of Science also had considerable research, cooperation and technology transfer programs with organizations and individuals in the province, typically research in Tràm Chim National Park and the bamboo growing project in Gáo Giồng, technology transfer of water-circulating fish farming at Đồng Tháp Aqua Company, Lap Vo district.
- Digital Transformation
– Develop solutions and policies for comprehensive digital transformation in agriculture, focusing on raising awareness, improving people’s ability to access agricultural digital technology, upgrading digital infrastructure, and building agricultural data systems.
– Research and implement solutions to apply artificial intelligence to medical examination and treatment; Training digital transformation skills, network safety and security for medical staff.
– Develop solutions and policies for comprehensive digital transformation in education, focusing on building and perfecting the Education Sector Information System connecting shared data of the Ministry of Education and Training.
- Agriculture – Industry
– Research to improve and restore several essential plant and animal varieties suitable to the production conditions of Đồng Tháp Province.
– Research and propose solutions to apply high technology in agriculture.
– Research on the identification of popular ornamental flower ingredients in Sa Đéc City, Đồng Tháp Province.
– Developing research and application of high technology for production to increase productivity and product quality, improve economic efficiency, develop sustainably, and contribute to the effective implementation of programs and projects of the province in industry and agriculture.
– Research and propose solutions to adapt to climate change and conserve biodiversity according to the project of Đồng Tháp Province.
– Research and build solutions on geology, environment, etc.
– Coordinate training masters and doctoral students in Ministerial-level Science and Technology projects of the Ministry of Education and Training, led by Đồng Tháp University.
– Coordinating joint training, training officials, organizing training programs on natural science subjects for high school students and high school teachers, as well as facilitating or exchange students for practising and research in career orientation (at Đồng Tháp University – Tràm Chim National Park, Central for High-tech Agricultural Inspection and Testing in Dong Thap province; or between the VNUHCM-University of Science and Universities and Colleges in Dong Thap province).
– Coordinate research and transfer of new scientific achievements in medicine and pharmacy.