On the afternoon of December 30th, 2022, the Conference of Officials – Employees Delegates took place with the participation of more than 200 delegates elected from the Conference of Officials – Employees of the affiliated units.
Representative of Viet Nam National University Ho Chi Minh City (VNU-HCM) with the participation of Assoc. Prof.Dr. Nguyễn Đình Tứ – Chief of Office; MSc. Lâm Tường Thoại – Chairman of the Trade Union, Head of the Emulation – Commendation Committee; Dr Dương Tôn Thái Dương – Deputy Head of Training Department; Assoc.Prof.Dr Lâm Quang Vinh – Head of Science and Technology Department.
At the beginning of the Conference, the Organizing Committee spent a solemn time honouring 08 Associate Professors appointed in 2022, including:
- Assoc. Prof. Dr Lê Nguyễn Hoài Nam, Major in Information Technology, Faculty of Information Technology
- Assoc. Prof. Dr Nguyễn Văn Vũ, Major in Information Technology, Faculty of Information Technology
- Assoc. Prof. Dr Nguyễn Thanh Bình, Major in Information Technology, Faculty of Mathematics – Informatics
- Assoc. Prof. Dr Huỳnh Lê Thanh Nguyên, Major in Chemistry and Food Technology, Faculty of Chemistry
- Assoc. Prof. Dr Nguyễn Công Tránh, Major in Chemistry and Food Technology, Faculty of Chemistry
- Assoc. Prof. Dr Vũ Bích Ngọc, Major in Biology, Stem Cell Institute
- Assoc. Prof. Dr Phạm Kim Ngọc, Major in Physics, Faculty of Materials Science and Technology
- Assoc. Prof. Dr Bùi Việt Hưng, Major in Irrigation, Faculty of Environment
Following that, Assoc.Prof.Dr Trần Lê Quan – Rector of the University, awarded the Decision to establish two new affiliated units, the Faculty of Interdisciplinary Science and the Central for Brand Development and Community Connections, along with the Decision that appointed Assoc. Prof.Dr Nguyễn Tuyết Phương to be Dean, and selected Prof.Dr Nguyễn Thị Thanh Mai to be the Centre’s Director. Besides, Assoc.Prof.Dr Trần Lê Quan also awarded the Emulation Flag of the Ministry of Education and Training to the Faculty of Information Technology and the Laboratory of Testing & Quality Assurance for these two units with excellent achievements in the academic year 2021-2022.
To run the entire program, the Conference voted to approve the Presidium consisting of 03 people:
- Assoc. Prof. Dr Trần Lê Quan – Deputy Secretary of the Party Committee, Rector of the VNUHCM-University of Science.
- MSc. Dương Thị Bích Huệ – President of the Union of the VNUHCM-University of Science.
- Dr Đinh Bá Tiến – Dean of the Faculty of Information Technology
Delegates listened to the Summary Report of 148 comments at the Conference of the Units, the People’s Inspection Committee Report, and the Financial Report for 2022. The Rector and representatives of sub-functional units are responsible for participating in the explanation of the comments.
The conference had lively discussions to clarify more issues and propose solutions to contribute to the construction and development of the University in the period of financial autonomy. Assoc.Prof.Dr Tô Thị Hiền – Head of the Department of Environmental Technology, shared her thoughts: “We need to invest more in Laboratory Projects so that it can motivate students to research and increase the number of scientific publications, and at the same time meet the social needs for the University’s training fields”.
Frankly sharing at the Conference, Mr Văn Chí Nam – Vice Dean of the Faculty of Information Technology, commented on the repair work of the University’s facilities, which should be carefully monitored and quality processes guaranteed.
Ms Lê Thị Thu Hiền – President of the University Student Union, shared her concerns about the limited information about training courses for schools in remote provinces. “The University needs to strengthen the promotion of the University’s brand to provinces and cities, and at the same time encourage the officials – employees to participate in the introduction of the University. The University also needs to improve its facilities and support services to meet learners’ expectations,” – Ms Thu Hiền shared.
After nearly four hours of discussion, the Conference agreed on the contents of the Final Report, the direction of tasks for next year and the explanations. All delegates shared the hope that the University will overcome challenges in renovating the operating mechanism to develop to a new level.