On the morning of June 6th, 2022, the VNUHCM-University of Science held the Internal Briefing Conference with the participation of more than 100 officers, officials, and employees. As part of the Conference, the University honoured 03 new Associate Professors and newly appointed Management Officers in May and June 2022. The Conference was also a forum for officials, officers and staff throughout the University to be updated with new information, and at the same time to share ideas and suggestions for the development of the University.
03 new Associate Professors:
- Assoc.Prof.Dr Cổ Thanh Thiện – Faculty of Chemistry
- Assoc.Prof.Dr Lê Viết Hải – Faculty of Materials Science and Technology
- Assoc.Prof.Dr Đặng Trường An – Faculty of Physics and Engineering of Physics
Hector handed over the Appointment Decision to the Officials managing the Faculties, Departments, Centers and Laboratories.
Continuing the ceremony, MSc. Phan Ngô Hoang – Head of the Planning and Finance Department, summarized the contents of the University’s Strategies for the period of 2021 – 2025 and emphasized effective solutions in 2022. Then, Assoc.Prof.Dr Trần Lê Quan – Rector of the University, presented the University’s finances and solutions for raising tuition fees appropriately. He also explained the main reason: “The growth in tuition fees is to compensate for the part of the National Education Budget for recurrent expenditures, and only applicable to the 2022 courses onward. Besides, not all industries have increased sharply, which also lies in the limited scale under the Ministry of Education and Training control. The basic science majors have increased but only moderately, and the University is still has more support policies for learners in these fields”.
MSc. Phùng Quán – Head of the Organization and Administration Department and Assoc.Prof.Dr Trần Văn Mẫn – Head of the Science and Technology Department, reported that many challenges and solutions were given to achieve the expected goals for organising the apparatus and personnel and activities to promote scientific research. The Leaders of all the Functional Departments also expressed their expectation that the lecturers, officials and staff will accompany and contribute ideas and solutions to the University.
“I willingly accepted any point of view and suggestion from all the lecturers, officials and staff”, said Assoc.Prof.Dr Trần Lê Quan.
- Ms. Nguyễn Tuyết Phương – Head of the Graduate Education Department
- Assoc.Prof.Dr Trương Hải Nhung – Vice Dean of the Faculty of Biology – Biotechnology
- Dr Đặng Lê Khoa – Vice Dean of the Faculty of Electronics and Telecommunications
- MSc. Hoàng Thanh Tú – Deputy Head of the Information and Communication Department
- Mr Nguyễn Nhật Tài – Deputy Head of the Information and Communication Department
- MSc. Võ Thị Thu Sương – Deputy Head of the Organization and Administration Department
- Dr Nguyễn Huy Du – Head of the Central Analytical Laboratory
- Assoc.Prof.Dr Trần Văn Mẫn – Head of the Applied Physics and Chemistry Laboratory
- Mr Trần Minh Triết – Director of the International Training Center (ITEC)
- Mr Trần Công Danh – Deputy Director of the International Training Center (ITEC)
- Mr Phan Ngô Hoang – Director of the Foreign Language Center
- Ms. Nguyễn Thị Kim Chi – Deputy Director of the Foreign Language Center
- Mr Trịnh Thanh Đèo – Director of the Cultural Retraining Center
- Ms. Phạm Quỳnh Hương – Director of the Research Center on Greenhouse Gas and Climate Change
- Assoc.Prof.Dr Trần Cao Vinh – Head of the High Technology Materials Laboratory
- Assoc.Prof.Dr Lê Công Hảo – Head of the Nuclear Engineering Laboratory
- Assoc.Prof.Dr. Đặng Thị Phương Thảo – Head of the Biotechnology Laboratory
- Assoc.Prof.Dr Trần Minh Triết – Head of the Software Engineering Laboratory
- Assoc.Prof.Dr Trần Lê Bảo Hà – Head of the Tissue Engineering and Biomedical Materials Laboratory
- MSc. Cao Trần Bảo Thương – Vice Dean of the Faculty of Electronics and Telecommunications